About the Center
Welcome to Loyola University’s Center for Environmental Communication (LUCEC). Founded in 1998, LUCEC:
- serves students in the School of Mass Communication (and its environmental communication minors) and Loyola's Environment Program.
- hosts the Institute for Environmental Communication for citizens interested in widening their communication circle.
- serves as a media resource on environmental issues.
- intervenes in environmental challenges faced by businesses.
- presents workshops intended to improve environmental reporting in the Caribbean region.
There are two threads that run through all LUCEC programs: 1) sharpening critical and creative thinking skills to encourage the development of reasonable solutions to environmental challenges and 2) spreading the word on social justice within the economic community.